Last week when brother in law visited us he bought Peanuts .Since then I was thinking of every possible ways to make the best out of it. As I cannot make Peanut chutney always. My Home made Peanut butter is one of the recipes which oi tried out of it. More recipes are yet to come. So watch this space..
Kids will love this when served as a spread along with Roti or Bread .This will be a yummy replacement for Nutella .This Peanut goodness is so easy to prepare in home, All we need is a handful of Peanuts, any sweetening agents plus oil .This will be much cheap and healthy when compared with the store bought peanut butter but tastes so much alike.
Health Benefits of Peanut Butter
- Helps in weight loss.
- It has lot of good fat essential for the body
- It has Lot of nutrients.
Homemade peanut butter Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Dips/Spread
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time :30 min | Makes:1 cup |Author :Sharmila
1. In a large Kadai add in the peanuts and dry roast it until the skin of the peanut turn a dark brown in colour. Keep the stove in medium flame otherwise the peanuts might get burnt. Once the peanuts are roasted allow it cool down.
2. Once the peanuts are cooled down keep the peanuts between the palm and rub it the skin will easily get peeled .Like this continue for all the peanuts and remove the skin.
4. Keep on blending contiously the peanuts will slowly start oozing out oil. Scrap off the peanuts sticked to the edges of blender and start blending again..
- You can also use roasted Peanuts
- If using roasted peanuts you can directly start blending in a blender without roasting the peanuts.
- It is better to remove the skin of the peanuts before blending as it will slightly change the taste and texture of the peanut butter.
- Always use a clean spoon while using the peanut butter for a longer shelf life.
- Store in a cool hygienic place preferably refrigerate it.
- Blend it even more for a creamier and thick version
- The consistency purely depends on our wish.