Kurkuri Bhindi’s are always special .It can be variation from our regular lady’s finger fry or poriyal. So Give a try..
Check out the other Lunch Side Dish Recipes too..
Kurkuri bhindi Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Side Dish
Prep Time:40 mins | Cook Time : 15 mins |Serves:3 |Author :Sharmila
Lady’s Finger – ¼ kg or 250 gms
Oil for deep frying
Besan/Gram Flour – 3 tbsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Chat Masala – ½ tsp
Amchur powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
Salt as needed
1. In a large mixing bowl take the lady’s finger/Okra and wash it well. With the help of the paper towel pat it to dry so that the moisture is completely removed. Allow it to rest for half an hour and then slice the okra length wise to form thin strips.
2. Add in all the ingredients mentioned in the To Marinate table except Besan flour and mix everything well with the Okra .Gently toss the mixing bowl so that everything gets coated well evenly .Finally add in the besan flour and toss it once again ensure even mixing.
3. Allow the marinated Bhindi to rest for half an hour. Deep Fry or shallow fry the Okra’s to crisp .Drain in paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve hot.
- Never overcrowd the Okra while frying it might leave the bhindi in uneven frying.
- Add less oil and deep fry if required later oil can be added in the between.
- Avoid continues stirring while frying it might pollute the oil as well the masala might tend to uncoat the okra.
- Serve hot with any rice or Roti.