Cookie is an anytime munching snack for most of us .Whenever we go to supermarket my hubby makes sure he picks up two or three biscuits packets .To avoid that I stared baking cookies in home .Baking a batch cookies in home a week so that no more store bought ones. This time it is a healthy bake .Ragi Cookie or Finger Millet cookie. This is such a healthy bake and its is an eggless version. Give a try JSimilar Recipes
RAGI cookie Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cookie
Prep Time : 15 mins | Bake Time : 15 min |Makes:15 |Author :Sharmila
Ragi Flour – ½ cup
Wheat Flour – ¼ cup
Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – ¼ cup
Butter – ¼ cup
Milk – 1 tbsp
Desiccated Coconut – 3 tbsp
1. In a large bowl sift together Ragi Flour ,Wheat Flour Cocoa Powder and Salt thrice and ensure even mixing of all the flours .To this flour mixture then add in Powdered sugar and Room Temperature butter.
2. With the help of hands crumble the butter and mix well with the flour and sugar mixture .Next sprinkle the Milk and mix everything to form the soft dough .It should be of roll able consistency.
3. Divide the dough into equal proportions and forma small lemon sized balls. Keep the balls in between the palms and press it gently to form small cookies shaped flat balls. In another bowl take the desiccated coconut and roll the shaped cookies and place it in a lined baking tray.
4. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake the cookies at 170 Deg C for about 13- 15 mins. Baking time of the cookie may vary .Mine was done in 14 mins sharp. Allow the cookies to cool down and store it in an air tight container once it’s completely cooled.
- The Baking time may vary from oven to oven so always check the user manual before baking.
- Keep a check on the cookie after 10 mins.
- You can skip the step of rolling it in desiccated coconuts.
- Tasted best when served with a cup of milk.