Ganesh Chaturthi is round the corner I see so many co bloggers posting some wonderful sweets and festive recipes and this is my version of festival recipes. Ammini Kozhukattai or mani kozhukattai is served to Lord Ganesha on the festival days as he is found of Kozhukattai .I have shared the sweet version of this kozhukattai yesterday and this is another version.
Ammini kozhukattai Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Snack
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time :10 min |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Rice Flour – ½ cup
Water – ½ cup
Salt as needed
Ghee/Oil – 1 tsp
Dry Red chilli – 2 torn
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves a spring
Hing – a ping
Coconut – 3 tbsp
1. Sieve the Rice flour along with salt twice or thrice to ensure even mixture of the salt and flour and set it aside. In another sauce pan bring water to boil.2. Once it boils switch off the flame and add it directly to the rice flour with the help of a ladle keep on stirring and mixing the water till necessary and the dough is very smooth.
. Allow the dough to cool down till the heat is bearable .the start kneading the dough to a soft ball. Roll it into very small sized balls out of all the doughs. Grease an idly pan add steam the small rice flour balls for about 5-7 mins or till done. Once the balls are cooked it will have a shiny texture.
4. Removed the cooked rice flour balls and set aside in another pan add in oil and let it heat up then add mustard seeds .Cumin seeds ,Urad Dal, Curry Leaves ,Dry Red Chilli and Hing .. To the temper add in the cooked Rice flour balls and mix well for a min and then add in a pinch of salt and freshly grated coconut and mix well and cook for another 2 mins in low flame till everything gets mixed well and switch off the flame.
- Always keep the flour covered while making balls else it will become dry.
- Add very hot boiling water to mix with the rice flour to get the correct consistency.
- If you have added more water to the rice flour you can add in rice flour and adjust to get the desired consistency.
- You can also make it as a spicy version by adding Idli podi or red chilli powder it is completely your choice.
- I made it as a less spicy version as my daughter prefers it this way.
- Enjoy as a snack in this festive season.