Mezhukkupuratti is one of the tastiest dish from the Kerala Cuisine prepared during the Onam Sadhya. It can be prepared with many vegetables like Raw Banana (Kaya), Yam (Chena), Carrot, Potato. Today I have prepared with Beans.
It is such an easy recipe and anybody especially bachelors and working women can cook it easily on a busy working day. If we have the chopped veggies ready it can be prepared in around 10 mins times.
Beans mezhukkupuratti Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Kerala | Recipe Category : Lunch side dish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :15 min |Serves:2 |Author :Sharmila
Beans – 200 gms
Salt as needed
Water as needed
To Grind :
Shallots – 6
Dry Red Chilli – 1
Garlic pods – 5
Turmeric powder a pinch
Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
1. Wash the Beans well and chop it into small pieces. In a Cooking vessel add in water which is needed to cook the beans and start cooking the beans cook till it is done ,Make sure there is no excess water and the beans in not over cooked.
2. In a blender add in the ingredients mentioned under to “To Grind” section and grind it to a fine paste.
3. Take a kadai and add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard Seeds let it splutter then add curry leaves and the ground Masala.
4. Mix well and fry the masala till the raw smell leaves next add in the beans and mix well.
5. Add in the required salt and sauté for another 3 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Do not skip adding coconut oil, it is a must for this recipe.
- It is usually served in the Onam Sadhaya.
- Mezhukkupuratti be prepared with Raw Banana, Potato or Yam.
- Do not overcook the beans.
- I used Indian Beans variety, French beans can also be used.