Butter Milk Rasam is a very simple Rasam that can be prepared with very minimal ingredients and in no time. It is very different to the normal Rasam. Give a try ,you will love it!!
Buttermilk rasam Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Kuzhambu
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :10 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Yogurt /Curd – 1 cup
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Tour Dal – 1 tsp
Pepper corns – ½ tbsp.
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
To Temper :
Oil -1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Curry Leaves a spring
1. Dry Roast the tour Sal, Pepper Corns and Cumin Seeds till a nice aroma comes and they slightly change in colour. Allow it to cool down.2. Once they cool down grind it to a coarse paste using a blender add in little water and blend it once again .In a bowl take curd whisk it well it smooth and then add in water and whisk it once again.
3. To the curd mix in the ground paste .Heat a pan and add in the curd mixture in it ,Add in Turmeric powder and Salt and in a medium flame cook till it comes to a boil and switch off the flame. In a tempering pan add in a tsp of oil, once it becomes hot add in the ingredients mentioned in the To Temper table one by one and then pour into the prepared Rasam. Butter Milk Rasam is now ready to be served.
- Never allow the curd to get boiled, it may get curdled.
- Sour Curd works best for the recipe.
- Tastes best when served hot with Steamed Rice and potato Fry.