After all the traditional recipes now it is time for a break, hence today’s post is a cake. Even then it has a traditional touch yes it is a coconut cake. Let’s get started now.
Other Cakes Recipes:
Check even more cakes/Bakes recipes too…
Coconut cake Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cakes/Bakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time :50 min |Makes: 1 loaf |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose Flour - 2 cups
Unsalted Butter – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 2 nos
Desiccated Coconut – 1 ¼ cup
Milk – ¾ cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Salt a pinch
1. Grease a baking tray with butter and dust it with flour and tap of the excess flour .Line it with Parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl add in sieve together all-purpose flour, Salt and Baking powder together .Sieve twice or thrice. Beat together butter, Vanilla Essence and Sugar until it’s creamy.
2. Now add in one egg and beat once again.
3. Scrap of the edges of the vessel and add in the next egg and beat everything once again till everything well mixed and creamy.
4. Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredient together with the help of a spatula gently fold the ingredients together .Next add in the milk to the mixture.
5. Gently fold all the ingredients until everything is well combined .Next add in the desiccated coconut and fold once again.
6. Transfer the prepared cake batter to the cake tin .Preheat the oven at 18o Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 50 mins – 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean .Cool down completely and then slice and serve.
- Baking time varies from oven to oven .Mine was done in 50 mins.
- Never beat or over mix the batter after mixing the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together. Keep on folding gently with a spatula until the required consistency is reached.