Fish fry is an awesome appetizer which is loved by all the sea food eaters. But at point everyone will have a gut feeling that is deep fried and we tend to restrict ourselves in spite of our taste buds inducing to taste even more. One healthy or tasty alternative is to do that in the oven :) Can you believe it?
With very minimal oil or almost negligible amount of oil added we can get the taste and crispness of the fish fry made in oven. So what is stopping you.. Give a try ..
Grilled Fish Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Appetizer
Prep Time: 10 mins |Bake Time 25-30 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Fish- 10 pieces
Oil – 1 tsp (optional)
Chilli Powder – 5 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 2 tsp
Salt – as needed
Water – 1 tbsp
1. Clean the fish and in a large vessel add in the ingredients mentioned in the “To Marinate” table and make a fine paste and add the fish to it and mix well. Allow it to marinate for half an hour. Meanwhile line your baking tray with Parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg c for about 10 mins. Arranged the marinated fish pieces in the lined baking tray and using grill mode grill it for 7 mins.
2. After 7 mins flip the fish and then grill for another 7 mins. Now that the colour of the fish would have slightly turned dark. Flip the side of the fish once again and brush it with oil if required. And grill for another 5 mins.
3. Once done flip the fish once gain and brush with little oil or sprinkle little oil and grill for another 5 mins. Fish would have cooked by now and it is ready to be served. If you feel the fish is not yet cooked grill for another 4 mins by flipping the fish sides after 2 mins. Serve hot as an appetizer/starter.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep a check.
- If you require to add more oil you can brush with more oil.
- Serve as a started or just like that as a snack.