I would say this a month of festivals .Just that Ganesh Chaturthi is over next comes Onam and Eid. I have been posting quite a few Onam Sadhya recipes in the past days and today it is an Eid Special Recipe. It is Ghee Rice, it is such a flavorful rice usually prepared in the festival days and can be paired well with Chicken or Vegetable Gravy, Onion Raita and Brinjal Curry.
Similar Festival Recipes
Ghee Rice Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Main Course
Prep Time: 30 mins| Cook Time:20 mins |Serves:2 |Author :Sharmila
1. In a pan/Pressure cooker add in a tbsp of ghee and fry the Raisins and Cashew nuts and set aside. In the Same pan add in ¼ th portion of the sliced Onions and fry till dark brown set that also aside.
2. In the same pan add in another tbsp. of Ghee and then add in Fennel Seeds ,Cinnamon sticks, Star Anise, Green Cardamom, Clove and Bay Leaves once they emits a nice flavour add in the Slit Green Chillies and fry for a minute.
4. Mix well and add the measured water now you can keep the stove in a high flame add in required salt and mix well.
5. Add in the remaining 1 tbsp of Ghee and once the water starts to boil close the cooker and cook for a whistle. Wait till the pressure gets released by itself and then open the cooker. Carefully fluff with a fork. Now top the cooked rice with the reserved onions and nuts and serve hot.
- The same recipe can be used to cook in Electric Rice cooker also. In that case for 1 cup of Rice 2 cups of Water needs to be added.
- It is sure a bachelor friendly recipe.
- Pairs well with Chicken Gravy or Vegetable Gravy ,Onion Raita and Brinjal Curry.