Kheer plays an important role in any festivals .Whenever there is some special occasion in home or any festivals Indian households prepare Kheer .There are so many varieties of Kheer .Sago/Sabudana/Tapioca Pearls/Javvarisi is one ingredient which is primarily used to prepare kheer. It is so easy to prepare, now let’s get started.
Sago kheer Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :20 min |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Sago/Javvarisi – ½ cup
Water – 1 ½ cup
Milk – 2 cups
Sugar – ½ cup
Cashew nuts – 6
Ghee – 1 tsp
1. Soak Sago/Javvarisi in water for about 15 mins .In a big vessel bring in water to boil then add in the Sago pearls and cook till it is done .It should be transparent .Strain the Sago from water and set aside.
2. In a Pan add in the milk and cook till its cook reduced and then milk becomes little thick, to this add in the cooked Sago pearls and stir well.
3. Next add the Sugar and cook till the sugar is completely dissolved and the Kheer becomes little thick and switch off the flame.
4. In another pan add in the Ghee and fry the cashew nuts and raisins till the cashew turn golden brown in colour and the raisin plump up and add it to the Kheer and mix well. Serve hot.
- Alternatively instead of soaking the Sago in water we can also fry them in a tsp of Ghee and then start cooking in water.
- Coconut pieces can also be used for garnishing.
- Serve as a dessert after meal or during festivals.