Sambaram is a famous drink from Kerala. It is not only served during Onam Sadhya but also can be had in the hot summer. It is otherwise called Spiced Buttermilk or Pacha Moru. This drink is a must in the Onam Sadhya. After a heavy meal this is usually had for a good digestion.
Similar Onam Sadhya Recipe:
Recipe Cuisine: Kerala | Recipe Category : Drinks /Beverages
Prep Time: 10 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Thick Curd – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Green Chilli – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves -1 tbsp chopped
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
Salt as needed
1. In a large bowl take the thick curd and add in the water, Whisk it well such that the water and curd mix together and forms a slightly thin curd consistency.
2. Chop the Ginger, Green Chilli, Coriander leaves and curry leaves and set aside. Using a Mortar and Pestle crush the Green Chilli and Ginger.
3. Add all the chopped leaves and crushed ginger and green chilli to the curd along with Salt to taste. Whisk everything once again and now it is ready to serve along with the Grand Onam Sadhya.
- The Ginger and Green Chilli can be added to curd without crushing also.
- However crushing bring out the whole flavor of it.
- We can also sieve the Sambaram and serve the flavor will still be retained.
- Serve as an after meal drink in the Onam Sadhya for a good digestion.