Dal is one of the most loved food ingredient across India .Be it Curry or Subzi or in any form it is widely used in Indian Cooking. Dal is rich in protein and it is consumed for a Vegetarian Balanced Diet.
Tomato dal Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Andhra | Recipe Category : Dal
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Tour Dal – ½ cup
Tomato – 2
Green Chilli – 2
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Salt as needed
Hing as needed
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Grated ginger and garlic – 1 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 3
1. Wash the tour dal and then in a pressure cooker add in the tour dal, Tomatoes, Green Chilli and Hing and the required water and pressure cook for about 6 whistles or till the Dal is fully cooked. Wait till the pressure gets released all by itself and then open the cooker.
2. Mash the Dal well and then add in Turmeric powder, salt and water if required mix everything well.
3. In a tempering pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and let it splutter then add in grated ginger and garlic ,Dry Red Chilli and Curry leaves fry everything well and pour it into the cooked Dal. Cook the dal for another 5 mins in medium flame .Mix everything well and switch off the flame Drizzle a tsp of Ghee and close the vessel till served.
- If you prefer it even tangier add in Tamarind water.
- Tastes best when topped with ghee.
- Serve hot with Steamed Rice and any Fry.