We have so many festival round the corner ,hence sharing a kheer would be very apt at this moment .I came across this vegetable kheer recipe from this space long back ,have been waiting to try it for so long finally tried and it turned out to be awesome.. We loved it.
If you serve the kheer to anyone the might not even guess as it has veggies in it the vegetables blend very well with the nuts and resemble one among them. You will surely get appreciated in your home when you prepare them.. Give a try :)
Similar Kheer Recipes
Vegetable kheer Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 15 mins| Cook Time:20 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Milk – 1 litre
Water – 1 cup
Carrot – ¼ cup
Beans – ¼ cup
Potato – ¼ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Salt a pinch
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Saffron few strands
Mixed Nuts – ¼ cup
Un sweetened Khoya – ¼ cup crumbled
Milk - 1 tbsp
1. Chop the Carrot, Beans and Potato into very small cubes. Soak the Almonds in hot water and set aside. In a large vessel add in the milk and water and start boiling. The vegetables will get cooked in the milk and it will take some time hence we are adding a lot of water .The smaller and finer the veggies are chopped the faster it gets cooked.
2. Add in the Chopped Vegetables inside the milk and give a quick start and let it cook. Add a silver coin in the vessel it will prevent the milk from over flowing and keep on stirring at regular intervals to avoid getting burnt at the bottom.
3. In a blender add in the Crumbled Khoya, Soaked Almonds and milk and blend to a fine paste. Check if the vegetables are cooked.
4. Now add in Saffron, Sugar and the ground Khoya, Almond paste to the kheer and mix well. Keep on stirring to ensure all the ingredients are evenly mixed. Now the milk would have becomes bit thick and the kheer consistency would have reached check for sugar if required add at this stage.
5. Add 1 tbsp of Ghee roast the nuts and mix with the kheer. Give a quick stir and switch off the flame. Serve hot
- I have used unsweetened Khoya for this recipe .If using sweetened khoya adjust the sugar level accordingly.
- The Khoya can also be replaced with ½ cup reduced milk.
- Cauliflower can also be added to the kheer .Make sure you chop it very finely.