Kozhukattai is the important food during Ganesh Chaturthi festival, As Lord Ganesh is very fond of kozhukattai they usually serve Kozhukattai, Modagam , Payasam ,Sundal and other traditional sweets for nei veidhyam on the festival day. So I will be posting more Ganesh Chaturthi recipes on the upcoming days. I have tried both the Sweet and Khara version of this mini kozhukattai will post the khara version tomorrow.
Check out the other Sweets and Dessert Recipe..
sWeet MINi kozhukattai Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :10 min |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Rice Flour – ½ cup
Water – ½ cup
Grated coconut – 1/8 cup
Sesame Seeds – 2 tbsp
Salt as needed
For Jaggery Syrup:
Grated Jaggery – ¼ cup
Water – 1/8 cup
1. First start by preparing the Jaggery Syrup .In a pan add in water once the water boils add in the grated Jaggery .Stir well so that all the Jaggery is melted completely.
2. Once the jaggery syrup comes to a boil and it becomes a slightly thick syrup .switch off the flame and allow it to cool down once it cools down strain it to remove the impurities.3. Sieve the Rice flour along with salt twice or thrice to ensure even mixture of the salt and flour and set it aside. In another sauce pan bring water to boil.
5. Allow the dough to cool down till the heat is bearable .the start kneading the dough to a soft ball. Roll it into very small sized balls out of all the dough.. Grease an idly pan add steam the small rice flour balls for about 5-7 mins or till done. Once the balls are cooked it will have a shiny texture. In a Pan dry roast Sesame seeds and grated coconut till a nice aroma comes and switch off the flame.
- Always keep the flour covered while making balls else it will become dry.
- Add very hot boiling water to mix with the rice flour to get the correct consistency.
- If you have added more water to the rice flour you can add in rice flour and adjust to get the desired consistency.
- You can also replace Jaggery with Karupatti/Palm sugar for a deep colour.
- Enjoy as a snack in this festive season.