I have mentioned multiple time towards my love for cookies and this Carrot Pistachio cookie is an experimental bake which turned out super healthy and yummy. I baked this cookie for a healthy initiate so I tried to use some sinless ingredients and still keep my cookie tasty. Hence the combination of Whole Wheat, Carrot and Pistachio. Give a try
Check out more Cakes/Bakes recipes too..
Whole wheat carrot pistachio cookie Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins |Bake Time: 13-15 mins |Makes:25-30 |Author :Sharmila
Whole Wheat Flour /Atta - 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
Grated Carrot – ½ cup
Chopped Pistachios – ¼ cup
Soft Unsalted Butter – ½ cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Milk if required (Optional)
Salt a pinch
1. In a large mixing bowl add in the grated Carrot, chopped pistachios and powder sugar. Toss it well.
2. Next add in Whole Wheat Flour, Vanilla Essence and Soft Unsalted Butter. Start by mixing everything gently with the help of a spatula till everything comes together.
3. You can also use your hands for mixing, if required add in water and roll everything together to a soft dough. Now dust a rolling surface and take a small ball for the prepared dough and roll with the help of a rolling pin with ½ inch thickness .With the help of a cookie cutter cut into any desired shapes.
4. Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for about 10 mins and then bake the cookies at 180 Deg c for about 12-15 mins or until the base of the cookies turn brown. Allow it to cool down completely and store in an air tight container.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep a check after 12 mins.
- The cookies will appear soft after baking but it tends to get crisp once it cools down.
- While mixing the dough together make sure your mixing bowl is clean and mess free .This is to ensure your dough has mixed properly.
- White sugar can be replaced with brown sugar.
- Store in an air tight container once completely cooled, it will stay good for 2 weeks.