Preparing halwa is always a fun. The best part is that we can infuse any fruits to it and it is healthy indeed, Today I have used Banana and it is a kids friendly recipe, So give a try..
Check out the other Sweets/Desserts too..
Banana halwa Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 5 mins |Cook Time Time: mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Mashed Banana – 1 cup (Any Variety of banana can be used)
Sugar – ¼ cup
Ghee 2 tbsp
Nuts – to garnish
1. Peel the skin of the banana and mash it to a fine puree .If required you can pulse it in a food processor .Over ripe banana tastes best for the halwa. Heat a Non-stick pan and add in 1 tbsp of Ghee.
2. Add in the mashed banana and stir for about 3 mins it will start to come together at this stage add in the sugar, the sugar level depends on the sweetness of the banana hence add it accordingly.. The sugar will dissolve and appear gooey and then it will start coming together and the colour start changing at this stage.
- Any variety of banana can be used for the halwa.
- Adjust the sugar quantity according to the sweetness of the banana.
- Tastes best when served chill.