Gram Flour /Besan flour is a pulse flour used in many Asian countries which is prepared from ground chickpeas. It is rich in protein than any other pulse flours, so making a yummy ladoo with this healthy protein rich flour should also be healthy right.
Besan Ladoo is an easy Diwali Sweet that can be prepared easily and quickly with very minimal ingredients. Now let’s see how to prepare Besan Ladoos
Besan ladoo recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Sweet
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 15 mins | Makes :20 |Author :Sharmila
Besan Flour /Kadalai maavu – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – ½ cup or as needed
Cardamom powder a pinch
1. Start roasting Besan flour in a non-stick pan until the raw smell leaves and it stars turning light golden brown in color, Roast in a medium flame or the flour may get burnt easily. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
2. Now Take the sugar in a blender and powder it finely .Now sieve in the roasted Besan flour to this add in the powdered sugar, Cardamom powder and mix well.
3. Mix everything well so that it is evenly mixed. In a pan start melting the ghee once it is completed melted switch off the flame.
4. Add the melted ghee little by little in to the flour and sugar mixture and mix evenly .Shape it to form ladoos. No need to add the entire ½ cup of ghee add as much is required for shaping the ladoos.
- The key to get the perfect Besan ladoos is to roast the besan flour till the raw smell leaves.
- Roasted nuts can be added to the ladoos.
- Not necessary to add the ½ cup of ghee fully add ghee until it is required to shape the ladoos. But if you like the taste you can add it.