Making burfi is my long term wish, I have failed miserable in my previous trails usually I ended up with halwa and this time I was able to get the correct consistency and perfect burfi I used the coconut burfi recipe to prepare the carrot burfi, instead of adding two cups of coconut I added I cup of coconut and 1 cup of carrot.
This is such an easy recipe it takes very minimal time and gives you great outcome, so give try to this delicious burfi this Diwali .Now let see how to prepare Carrot burfi.
Similar Festival Recipes:
Carrot burfi recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Sweet
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 15 mins | Makes :12 |Author :Sharmila
Grated Carrot – 1 cup
Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder a pinch
1. Grate the carrot and coconut and keep it ready. Grease a try with Ghee and keep it aside. In another pan Add in Ghee and let in becomes hot then add in the Carrot and Coconut.
2. Fry the grated carrot and coconut in Ghee until the raw smell leaves and the carrot becomes tender.
3. Once the carrot is cooked the colour will slightly change and at this stage add in the sugar. Mix well the starts to melt and it will resemble gooey.Keep the stove in medium flame.
4. Continue stirring now the sugar would be blended well and the mixture gets slightly thick and the ghee starts to ooze out on the sides of the pan add in cardamom powder mix well and then switch off the flame.
5. Transfer the mixture into a greased pan and level it using any flat vessel by pressing it when it is still warm cut it into any desire shapes using a sharp knife.
6. Tasty Carrot Burfi’s are now ready
- Use freshly grated carrot and coconut for preparing the burfi.
- Don’t add the brown parts for the coconut in the burfi .There is no harm also even if you add The same recipe can be used to prepare coconut burfi by leaving carrot and adding coconut in its place.
- Stays good for a week.
- Carry out the entire process in a medium or low flame as the consistency is very important in preparing the burfi.
- If the consistency is missed it will become halwa or too hard which is difficult to cut .