Urad Dal flour is required to prepare many Indian snacks .As Diwali is near in every house they prepare lots of sweets and snacks prepared to distribute to friend and family.Now let’s see how to prepare urad dal flour.
How to make Urad Dal Flour in Home
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Basis
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time : 10 mins |Author :Sharmila
Urad Dal – 1 cup
1. In a pan dry roast the urad dal in medium flame. Roast till a nice aroma comes and the colour changes to a light golden brown, Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down completely.
2. Once it is completely cooled collect them to a blender and grind it to a fine powder .Sieve it and collect the big pieces.3. Grind the coarse pieces once again and sieve completely such that there is no lumps remaining. Store it in an air tight container.
- Carry out the entire process in a medium flame.
- If you are preparing in a larger quantity the flour can be ground in a mill.
- Urad Dal flour is used in many Indian Snacks. Especially in the festival seasons it will be there in every households.
- Before using in any snack preparation roast the urad dal flour once again in medium flame till a nice aroma comes.