Festival mood is in peak, only one more week left for this festival of lights. Everyone is preparing festival food in full swing, Presenting today one more easy and healthy Peanut Jaggery balls with is very easy to prepare with very minimal ingredients. Now let’s get started..
- Peanut Ladoo
- Rava Ladoo
- Maa Ladoo\ Roasted Gram Flour Ladoo
- Mango Ladoo
- DryFruits Ladoo
- Nutella Truffles
Kadalai urundai recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Sweet
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time : 20 mins/batch| Serves :5 |Author :Sharmila
Peanuts – 1 cup
Jaggery – ½ cup
Water – ¼ cup
1. In a large Kadai add in the peanuts and dry roast it until the skin of the peanut turn a dark brown in colour. Keep the stove in medium flame otherwise the peanuts might get burnt. Once the peanuts are roasted allow it cool down..
3. In a pan add in water and Jaggery once the jaggery is completely dissolved strain the Jaggery water to remove the impurities.
4. Now that the Jaggery water will be clean and continue to boil the jaggery water in the same pan.5. The Jaggery water starts to become thick. Keep checking the consistency by keeping a vessel with water and then pour few drops a Jaggery water the jaggery should become like a ball as shown in the image it should not dissolve in water ,if taken in hand it should form a ball. If you throw the ball back to water it should give a ‘tak’ sound .This is the correct consistency. After reaching the consistency add in the Peanuts.
. Mix well and switch off the flame, when it is of bearable heat start rolling in the form of balls .Store in an airtight container.
- Grease your hands with ghee while rolling the kadalai urundai, otherwise it tends to stick in the hands.
- If the kadali urandai tends to be hard while rolling heat it for few mins the jaggery will melt and then start rolling the urndais.
- Carry out the entire process in a low flame.
- The consistency of the Jaggery is important to get the perfect kadalai urundai.