Liver is a protein rich food ,It is very good for kids and pregnant ladies as they need more Iron .My Last post was a spicy Mutton Liver Pepper Roast and following that I am sharing another gravy with Liver ,I have used white Liver for this recipe however black liver can also be used.
Lamb Liver curry Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Sidedish
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :25 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Lamb Liver – ¼ kg
Onions – 1 big sized
Tomatoes – 2
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
GaramMasala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Salt as needed
To Grind :
Coconut – ¼ cup
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (Few strands)
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Green Chilli – 1
To Temper :
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves a spring
Cumin Seeds -1 tsp
1. Grind the ingredients mentioned in the To Grind table to a fine paste by adding little water and set aside. Clean the Liver and set aside .I used white liver .However both the varieties can be used for this gravy.
2. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and then curry leaves .Next add in the onions and saute till they become translucent.
3. To this add in the Ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell leaves and then add in the Tomatoes and saute till its cooked well.
4. Next add in the cleaned Mutton Liver pieces and give a quick stir it will change in colour and then add all the spice powders and salt.
5. Mix well such that the everything blends well and the masala is well coated on the Liver .Now add in the Ground Coconut masala and the required water and mix well such that it forms a gravy consistency.
6. Cover and cook in medium flame till the liver pieces are well cooked. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- While grinding the coconut masala few pieces of cashew nuts can be added it enhances the flavour.
- Don’t cook in high flame.
- Tastes good when served with Steamed Rice, Roti, Idli or Dosa.