Lemon chicken is an Indo Chinese fusion dish .It is usually served as a Starter in Parties or can be had along with Main Course or any Chinese food. The Juicy chicken marinated in Lemon juice gives an awesome taste to this recipe .Now let’s see how to prepare Lemon Chicken
Similar Festival Recipes:
- Chicken Manchurian Gravy
- Sautéed Chicken with Capsicum and Onion
- Dry Pepper Chicken
- Shredded Pepper Chicken
Lemon chicken recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Chinese | Recipe Category : Starter
Prep Time: 2 hours | Cook Time : 15 mins | Serves :3 |Author :Sharmila
Chicken – ¼ kg
Green Chilli – 1
Gram Masala – 1 tsp
Soya Sauce – 1 tsp
Onion – 1
Minced ginger garlic – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Sugar – ½ tsp
Coriander Leaves – to garnish
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt as needed
1. Clean the chicken and add in the ingredients mentioned in the To Marinate table one by one. Mix everything well.
2. Allow the chicken to marinate for 2 hours or overnight. In a pan add in oil once it heats add in the minced ginger garlic and fry for a min, next add in the finely chopped onions and slit green chilli.
3. Cook till they becomes translucent .Next add in the marinated chicken and mix well. Cook till the chicken is half cooked.
4. Next add in Gram Masala, Sugar, Salt and mix well then add in the Soya Sauce and mix well.
5. Cook till the chicken is soft and dry, check for salt and spice add if anything is required. Garnish with Coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Don’t skip adding sugar as it brings together the flavours and enhances the taste.
- Use fresh Lemon.
- The more you marinate the chicken the more juicy it is.
- Tasted best when served with Plain Rice and Sambar or any Chinese Food.