Love anything in the name of cookies. I have mentioned a lot times about my love for homemade cookies .It is simply irresistible. Once my friend gifted me pistachio log cookies from A2B restaurant since then I started liking this cookies and was waiting for a time to try it out home .So here is my version of Pistachio log cookies .Kids will love this as it comes similar to a finger food and in a shape which can be easily handled by them.
Check out even more Cakes/Bakes recipes too..
pistachio Log cookie Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins |Bake Time: 13-15 mins |Makes:25-30 |Author :Sharmila
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
Chopped Pistachios – ¼ cup
Soft Unsalted Butter – 50 gms
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
Milk if required (Optional)
Salt a pinch
1. In a mixing bowl add in powdered sugar and soft unsalted butter. Beat together until it is creamy and both gets mixed. Now add in Vanilla essence and beat once again. Next add in the flour mixture.
2. With a spatula get mix till everything comes together as a soft dough.
3. Next take the pistachios with the help of kitchen knife chop then into rough pieces. Along with the pistachios roughly sprinkle sugar and do once more round of chopping. Divide the dough into 4 equal sized balls and then roll them into the shape of the logs.
4. Now cuts the logs into small finger sized logs and then roll them into the chopped sugar and pistachio mix and then set it in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Repeat the same process for all the logs and arrange everything in baking tray and keep in a refrigerator till we preheat the oven .Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake them at 180 Deg for 15-17 mins or until the bottom of the cookies become brown .Cool down completely and store in a clean air tight container.
- Baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep a check after 12 mins.
- Use unsalted pistachios.
- Stays good upto 2 weeks.