To all the weight watchers out there here is the recipe for you. Ragi/ Finger Millet Idly is a healthy and filling breakfast that can be had by all the people of all ages. Idly is a staple breakfast in all the south Indian Households. Try this healthy Idly for a change you sure will love it.
Ragi idli Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Breakfast
Prep Time: overnight + 4 hour soaking Time |Cook Time: 10 mins |Serves:2 |Author :Sharmila
Ragi Flour – 1 cup
Idli Rice – ½ cup
Urad Dal – ¼ cup
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Methi Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Wash the Idli Rice, Urad ,Dal and Methi Seeds and Soak for 3- 4 hours like how we soak for ordinary Idli .After that with a mixer or Grinder grind the Soaked Idli Rice,Urad dal and Methi Seeds separately by adding the required water .
2. Now to the ground batter add in the Ragi flour and mix well. Add water little by little and bring to the right consistency which should be similar to the Ordinary Idli batter.
3. Now transfer the batter to a bog vessel and allow it to ferment overnight .The next morning the batter would have raised up so use a big vessel otherwise it might overflow and become messy.
4. With the help of a ladle mix the fermented batter well and add salt and mix well. Add water if you feel the batter is too thick. Now grease the idly plate with oil and pour the batter.
5. Allow it to steam cook for 10-12 mins in a Idli pot .Once cooked switch off the flame and allow it to cool down for 5- 10 mins and then remove the plate from the steamer and sprinkle little water on top of the idli and remove it using a spoon and serve hot.
- The same batter can be used to prepare Dosa as well, however we need to dilute is a bit more for Dosa.
- Tastes best when served with Sambar and Chutney.