Egg is a very good source of Protein, It is a very good healthy option for people of all ages. Boiled egg usually is very blank so how about bringing some Indian twists to the boiled eggs and make it even more delicious and fulfilling.
Similar Egg Recipes:
Spicy egg curry recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time : 25 mins | Serves :3 |Author :Sharmila
Eggs – 4
Onions – 2
Tomato – 2
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Coriander Leaves to garnish
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves a spring
1. Boil the eggs and once it is cooked peel the shell and make small cuts in the eggs and set aside. Chop the required Onions and Tomatoes and set aside. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard seeds let it splutter and then add in cumin seeds and then curry leaves fry for a min and then add in chopped onions.
2. Cook till the onions turn glossy and then add in the tomatoes let it cook well.
3. Next add in the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell leaves and then add in Chilli powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder and Salt fry till the masala is well blended.
4. Now add in the required water let it come to a boil check for salt and spice adjust it accordingly.
5. Add in the Eggs and cover and cook in low flame for another 5 mins and the garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Tastes best when served with White Rice, Roti ,Idli or Dosa.
- A green chilli can also be added while tempering for extra flavour.