Sundal is an Indian Spicy Salad made with freshly ground spices along with any Pulses and garnished with Coconut .Many variations can be prepared in the Sundal with the pulses used or with the spices mix used!!Sweet Corn is a healthy option to all the people .It can be enjoyed as a snack without any guilthy.As it is Season of Sundal I have tried to prepare a Sundal with Sweet Corn, It is as yummy as a dish, do try and enjoy it !!
Sweet corn sundal Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Snack
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time Time: 10 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
Sweet Corn – 1 cup
Salt as needed
Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
To Roast and Grind:
Channa Dal – 1 tbsp
Pepper corns – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 2
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves – a spring
1. In a pan dry roast the ingredients mentioned in the To Roast and Grind table and cool down, once cool grind it to a fine powder and set aside till use.
2. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in mustard seeds and let it splutter and then add in Urad Dal and Curry Leaves.. Add in the Sweet corn and then add in the ground spice powder as per your spice level and the freshly grated coconut.
- Frozen sweet corn can also be used in this sundal.
- If you don’t prefer to add the spice mix add in 2 dry Red Chilli while tempering and skip off adding the spice powder.
- It is a healthy snack recipe, serve as an evening snack with a cup pf chai.