Sundal and Navarthiri always comes together. During the 9 days of the festival sundal is served as a snack to the guests who come to visit Golu. Sundal can be made with any types of pulses .Today I shared a sundal recipe with Mochai it is called as Butter Beans in English, Amarapayar in Malayalam and Vaal in Hindi
Mochai sundal Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : snacks
Prep Time: Overnight (soaking time) |Cook Time Time: 15+10 mins |Serves:4 |Author :Sharmila
To Roast and Grind:
Method:1. Soak the Mochai overnight in water. In the morning pressure cook it by adding water and required alt for about 3-4 whistles or till it becomes soft .Do not allow it to overcook as it might get mashed up. Wait till the pressure gets released all by itself and then separate the Mochai from water and set aside.
2. In a Pan dry roast the ingredients mentioned in the To Roast and Grind Table and cool down once it cools down grind it to a fine powder and set aside. Next take a pan and add in oil and heat up .Once the oil heats add in Mustard Seeds and let it splutter then add in Urad Dal and Curry Leaves.
3. Next add in the cooked mochai and mix well then add in the ground spice powder and let everything blend well.
4. To this add in freshly grated coconut and mix well and then switch off the flame. Serve as a snack.
- Butter Beans/Mochai and be cooked and stored in fridge so that whenever we needs to prepare sundal it comes handy.
- It is rich in protein. So it make a healthy snack.
- Serve as a snack along with a cup of chai.