Broccoli is a vegetable of Italian Origin that is from the Cabbage family .It is rich in Vitamins and Manganese .This veggie is not usual in my kitchen ,but whenever I see this in supermarket I make sure I pick it up. Now let’s see how to prepare Broccoli Stir Fry
- Beans Stir Fry
- Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry
- Greens Stir Fry
- Lady’s Finger Stir Fry
- Cabbage Stir Fry
- Purple Cabbage Green Peas Stir Fry
- Banana Stem Stir Fry
- Bottle Gourd Stir Fry
Broccoli stir fry recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Side Dish
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time : 15 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Broccoli Florets -1 cup
Onion – 1
Salt as needed
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal- 1 tsp
Curry Leaves -1 tsp
Garlic – 6 pods
Dry Red Chilli – 2-3
Freshly Grated Coconut -1 tbsp
1. In an Open pot boil water and add in the Broccoli florets and salt and cook for 5 mins and then strain the water and set the Broccoli florets aside.
2. In a pan add in oil and let it heat up then add in the ingredients mentioned under the “To temper: table and then add in the finely chopped onions.
3. Cook till the Onions turn transparent, meanwhile grind the Grated coconut, Dry Red Chilli and Garlic pods to a course mixture.
4. Now add in the Broccoli florets and the required slat and fry till the florets shrink. And then add in the ground coconut and mix well cook in low flame for 2 mins and switch off the flame.
- Tastes best when served with Steamed Rice and Sambar.
- Freshly grated Coconut can be skipped if you don’t prefer.