Garlic chutney is an excellent accomplishment with Idli or Dosa, It can be prepared easily in just minutes if we have peeled Garlic ready. If we don’t have coconut and looking for a chutney in a busy working day morning then this chutney will come handy.
Garlic chutney recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Chutney/Dip
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time : 5 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Garlic pods – 25
Onion – 1 medium sized
Red Chilli – 3-4
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Tamarind – a small piece
Gingelly oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
Curry Leaves a spring
Cumin Seeds /Jeera – 1 tsp
1. In a blender add in peeled Garlic pods, Chopped Onions, Red Chilli, Tamarind and blend well to a fine paste. Add in Salt and mix well.
2. In a pan add in oil, once it becomes hot add in the ingredients mentioned in the “TO Temper” table one by one.
3. Then add in the ground chutney and mix well, cook till the raw smell leaves, and the switch off the flame.
- You can also add water to the chutney .However I prefer it thick so I dint add.
- Tastes best with Idli or Dosa.
- Use Gingelly oil to temper for a good flavour.