Masala Milk is one of my favorite beverages. It is so healthy and flavorful. Milk is boiled and simmered along with spices and nuts and served hot by garnishing with nuts and Saffron. , Usually it is offered before sleep for a sound sleep. Now let’s get started.
Masala milk recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Drinks/Beverages
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time : 15 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Milk – ½ litre
Almonds – 8-10
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 2
Cinnamon stick – a small piece
Pepper Corns – 4
Saffron - 10 strands
Sugar - 2 tbsp
1. Bring Water to boil and add in the Almonds boil for 5 mins and switch off the flame, immediately transfer it to cold water and it would be easily to peel the skin. Peel the skin of all the Almonds and set aside.
2. In a blender add in milk and the almonds and grind it to a fine paste and set aside. Soak saffron in Luke warm milk.. In a sauce boil add in milk and start boiling add in cloves, Cardamom, Cinnamon stick and Pepper corns also add in the saffron soaked Luke warm milk.
- Along with almonds Pistachios, Walnuts, Cashewnuts can also be used for garnishing the Masala Milk.
- You can also strain the milk before serving so that cloves and other spices can be discarded.
- Cardamom can be replaced by Cardamom Powder for a good flavour.
- Serve hot after a heavy meal or before sleep.