Palak Paratha is a healthy Indian flat bread .It makes a healthy and filling lunch box dish. I made it for my lunch box and served it with Aloo Subzi. This paratha is packed with the goodness of palak and wheat flour .The taste of palak will be so mild in the paratha, hence this a nice way to feed palak to the kids plus the kids will definitely fall for the greeny paratha.
Palak paratha recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Paratha
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time : 3 mins / paratha | Serves :4 |Author :Sharmila
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Palak /Spinach – 1 cup
Ginger 1 small piece
Green Chilli – 1
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Oil/Ghee as needed
1. In a pan add in luke warm water and sprinkle a pinch of salt add in the palak and soak for 5 mins and then wash well in water for 5 time. In a blender add in the cleaned palak, Ginger, Green Chilli and little water and blend everything to a fine puree.
2. In a mixing bowl take the Wheat flour and add in the palak puree along with salt and mix coarsely with hands.. Add in water and knead everything to form a soft dough. Add in a tbsp oil and knead the dough once again .Allow the dough to rest for 30 mins. Divide the dough in to equal sized balls .Take a ball dust it with flour and roll it to form a paratha.
- Instead of Oil, Ghee can be used.
- Smearing ghee helps to keep the paratha soft for a long time.
- Tastes good with any kurma or paratha.
- It makes perfect lunch box recipe.