I love it include anything and everything in cookies .So when I had a pack of Dates left in fridge I was searching for a recipe with Dates possibly a cookie .I found this recipe interesting ,I modified the recipe as per my taste and here is one tasty cookie. Not a great fan of Dates but I loved this cookie to the core. Dates when blended with butter and made as a cookie is completely out of the world .Do try it out and enjoy with your loved ones.
Click here for more Cakes/Bakes
Whole Wheat Dates cookies recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cookies
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 15 mins | Serves :2 |Author :Sharmila
Wheat Flour / Atta – ½ cup
Powdered sugar – ¼ cup
Dates – ¼ cup
Soft unsalted butter – ¼ cup
Milk 2 tbsp + 1tbsp for brushing
Salt a pinch
Poppy Seeds /Khus Khus as needed for topping
1. In a mixing bowl add in powdered Sugar and soft room temperature butter and cream together until everything are mixed evenly. Sift in Whole wheat flour, Salt twice and set aside.
2. Chop in Dates and then add it to the creamed mixture and mix evenly until well blended.
3. Now add in the sifted flour and salt mixture to the creamed mixture and mix evenly add milk if required.
4. Allow the dough to rest for about 15 mins .Divide the dough into equal sized balls and press in between the palms to form a cookie shape. After shaping the cookies brush the cookies with milk and add in the Poppy Seeds as topping for the cookies. Or you can use a cookie cutter to bring in the desired shape. In a baking tray line a parchment paper and arrange the cookies .Preheat the oven for about 180 Deg for 10 mins and then bake it for about 12-15 mins in 180 deg C. Keep a watch after 12 mins. Remove from the oven once the cookie turn golden brown in colour as the baking time may vary from oven to oven. Once it’s baked remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Store it in an air tight container.
- Check your oven user manual for the baking time as it may vary from oven to oven.
- Stays good for up to 2 weeks
- Store in an air tight container.
- You can skip Poppy seeds if you have no access to it in your country.
- Serve with tea as an evening snack.