Walnut is a healthy nut which has the ability to fight against Cancer, Heat diseases and it has very rare and Powerful Antioxidants .It is a good habit to include it in our regular diet ,so I tried a whole Wheat walnut cookie which is an easy way to much it.. I adapted this recipe from my Whole Wheat Cashew cookie..
Similar Cookie Recipes:
- Karachi Biscuits
- Carrot Pistachio cookies
- Coconut Cookies
- Ragi\ Finger Millet Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Butter Scotch Cookies
- Pistachio Log cookies
Whole wheat walnut cookies recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake Time : 15 mins | Makes :12 |Author :Sharmila
Wheat Flour / Atta – ½ cup
Powdered sugar – ¼ cup
Walnuts – ¼ cup
Soft unsalted butter – ¼ cup
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
Milk as needed
Salt a pinch
1. Sieve together Whole Wheat Flour and Salt three times together and then to this add in powdered sugar and coarsely chopped Walnuts.
2. Add in cinnamon Powder and give a quick mix next add in soft unsalted room temperature butter.
3. Mix everything well with a spatula bring together to form a dough add in Milk if required and make a soft dough.
4. Allow the dough to rest for about 15 mins .Divide the dough into equal sized balls and press in between the palms to form a cookie shape. Or you can use a cookie cutter to bring in the desired shape. In a baking tray line a parchment paper and arrange the cookies .Preheat the oven for about 180 Deg for 10 mins and then bake it for about 15-18 mins in 180 deg C. Keep a watch after 15 mins. Remove from the oven once the cookie turn golden brown in colour as the baking time may vary from oven to oven. Once it’s baked remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Store it in an air tight container.
- Check your oven user manual for the baking time as it may vary from oven to oven.
- Stays good for up to 2 weeks
- Store in an air tight container.