I am back with another baked goodie today .As promised already this December blog will be flooded with Christmas specials and baked goodies .Apart from that I have joined the Bake-a-thon event hosted by SriValli this December. Where we will be posting baked goodies on all Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have linked the event at the bottom of my post do check it out!!
About Almond Tutti Frutti Biscotti is it similar to the usual Rusk but with from modifications.
This time I have made using egg, next time I shall make it eggless. It is usually had along with Chai and perfect evening snacks. I have used Cane Sugar for the recipe normal sugar can also be used. Now let’s get started
Almond Tutti frutti Biscotti recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International| Recipe Category :Cookies
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 60 mins | Serves: 5 |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Almonds – ¼ cup
Tutti Frutti – ½ cup
Unsalted Room temperature Butter – 3 tbsp
Cane Sugar – 1/3 cup
Salt – ¼ tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Egg – 1
Baking powder – ¾ tbsp
1. In a mixing bowl add in the Cane Sugar ,Butter, Salt ,Baking powder, Vanilla essence.
2. Whisk all the ingredients together to form a homogeneous mixture .Next break open an egg, Whisk well such that it blends well with the rest of the ingredients.3. Add in the AP Flour and fold gently with the rest of the ingredients .Add in the Chopped Almonds and tutti frutti and mix evenly.
. Knead everything together to form a soft dough. Divide the dough into two equal proportions and gently flatten and for a log such that it resemble a rectangle log ,Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for 10 mins and then bake in 180 Deg C for about 25 mins. Once done allow them to cool completely.
- Egg can be replaced by any egg replacer.
- Always use a serrated knife while chopping the biscotti else it will crumble while cutting.
- Sprinkle water before chopping the biscotti.
- Tastes best when served as an evening snack along with Chai.