Candy cane cookies, I have been waiting till Christmas to bake these cute looking cookies .I absolutely loved making them .I have used green and red coloured candy canes to indicate the color of Christmas. I prepared these cookies to my colleague’s son. Now let’s get started.
Click here for more Cakes/Bakes
Candy cane cookies recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category :Cookie
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 12 mins | Makes: 12 |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose flour – 2 cup
Butter – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – ¾ cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Red food colour – few drops
Green food Colour – few drops
Salt a pinch
1. In a mixing bowl add in the softened unsalted butter and powdered sugar combine well until everything is well mixed, next add in the Vanilla essence.
2. Mix nicely until everything is incorporated. Now add in the flour, salt and knead everything together to form a soft dough.
3. Divide the dough into two equal sized balls and then in one of the ball divide once again into .So that now we have three balls one big and two small which is of equal size. To one of the small ball add in red food color mix once again until the color is evenly spread over the dough.
4. To the other small ball add in green food color and mix well. Now cling wrap all the dough and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Next after 2 hours remove from the fridge thaw the dough a little and then divide all the dough into equal size.
6. Take one white and one red portion of the dough .With hands spread them into two logs of equal length and size.
7. Now braid the two logs in the way that it looks like a candy cane .Repeat the same for all the dough. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake at 180 Deg C for about 13 mins .Allow it to cool completely and then store in air tight boxes.
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing.
- The cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven and will become firm once it cools.
- Adding food color is not a healthy practice. Hence beetroot puree or spinach puree can be used to prepare the cookies in a healthy way.
- Rolling the cookies to candy cane must be done patiently otherwise it may break and crumble.