Finally I baked my very own pie ,Thanks to Bake-a-Thon event which made me to try so may bakes which I am absolutely loving it .Coming to Cashew apple pie Tarts , This is my first ever hands on to a pie it turned out very well , Me and hubby enjoyed it in the cold winter morning .Now let’s get started.
Click here for more Cakes/Bakes
Apple Pie Tarts recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category :Pie
Prep Time: 30 mins | Bake Time : 20 mins | Makes: 4 |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose flour – ½ cup
Cold Butter – 1/3 cup
Cane Sugar – 1 tbsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Cold water as needed
For filling :
Apple – 1
Cashew powder – ¼ cup
Sugar- 1/8 cup
Water/Milk/Curd – 2 tbsp
1. In a blender powder the cashew nuts to a coarse mixture. In a sauce pan add in the sugar and water and start boiling, once the sugar completely dissolve and water start bubbling up add in the ground cashew mixture.
2. Start stirring the mixture allow it to come together and start leaving the sides of the pan, at this stage switch off the flame and allow the mix to cool completely.
3. In a pan add in the cashew powder and then add in the chopped apples cook till everything comes together to form a mass it may take around 3-5 minutes. Now the filling is ready.
4. In a mixing bowl sift together all-purpose flour and Baking Powder to this add in chopped cold cubed butter ,with the help of fingers rub together the butter and flour mixture such the butter and flour is completely mixed and it resembles bread crumbs.
5. To the mixture now add in the cane sugar and water or milk and mix well and knead together to form a soft dough. Cling wrap and freeze it for 10 mins.
6. After 10 mins dust a surface with flour and roll the dough, make sure the dough is not too thin. Take a tart mould and plate the dough in the mould as shown in the images.
7. Prick the dough with fork across.freeze it for 10 mins. Next fill the tart with the prepared filling. You can leave the dough as it is or form some patterns and close the tarts.
8. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C and then bake the tarts for about 20 -25 mins till the tarts are completely baked. Allow the tarts to cool and then invert the tart will come out of the moulds easily.
- The quantity of the butter can be increased for a more flaky crust.
- The cashew can be omitted and the filling could be prepared with just apples.
- However the addition of the cashew take the tart to a different level.