Chicken Kabab is sure a crowd pleaser ,As Christmas is near it is the perfect time to share this recipe .Usually for Christmas we used to attend midnight mass and after just mostly we do have some delicious starters along with Cake .Chicken Kabab is apt for that. The same recipe can be made using barbeque, but today I am sharing the version in oven as many may not be able to do barbeque in cities. Alternatively chicken can be fried but kabab is way better than that as it uses less oil and we can enjoy the juicy chicken guilt free.
Chicken Kabab can be served with Green Chutney , Tomato Sauce. and Mayo
Chicken kabab recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian| Recipe Category :
Prep Time: overnight | Bake Time : 25 mins | Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
Boneless Chicken – ¼ kg
Onion - 1
Yogurt – 3 tbsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt as needed
1. In a bowl take the Yogurt, Oil, Ginger Garlic paste, Chilli powder, Salt, Garam Masala.
2. Mix everything together to form a fine paste now add in the Lemon juice and mix well.
3. To the masala now add in the cubed boneless chicken pieces and cubed onion as shown in the pic. Mix it well and allow it to marinate overnight.
4. Now take the marinated chicken and Line a baking tray with parchment paper .Take the grill skewers and insert one piece of onion and then a chicken piece continue to insert the same way for rest of the pieces. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200 Deg C for about 10 mins.
5. Bake the Chicken at 200 Deg C for about 10 mins and the flip and grill for another 10 mins. Continue to grill till the chicken is perfectly cooked. The colour of the onion and chicken will change once they are cooked. It too 30 mins for me to grill .But this time may vary from Oven .Serve hot as an appetizer along with Green Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.
- Insert the skewers in hot water before using in the oven so that it may not get dark soon.
- The longer we marinate the juicer the chicken will be so don’t skip to marinate overnight.
- If we couldn’t marinate the chicken overnight at least marinate chicken in refrigerator 2 hours before cooking.
- This is a very healthy way of cooking chicken as we use very less oil for the entire process.
- After every 10 mins when we are flipping and grilling the chicken brush with oil for a nice taste.
- Serve as a starter with Green Chutney and Tomato Sauce.