Now that Christmas is over, I should have posted this Christmas Rainbow cookies before, Due to some other priorities I am posting this today, It is better late than never right. This is a colour cookie with a rainbow swirl effect, I have used red and green color to indicate Christmas, but then any edible food colour can be used. I made this cookie as a return gift for few of my friends. Now let’s get started.
Click here for more Cakes/Bakes
Christmas rainbow cookies recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category :Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake Time : 13 mins | Makes: 20 |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Soft unsalted butter – ½ cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/3 cup
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Red food Colour as needed
Green food colour as needed
1. In a mixing bowl add in the softened unsalted butter and powdered sugar combine well until everything is well mixed, next add in the Vanilla essence.
2. Mix nicely until everything is incorporated. Now add in the flour, salt and knead everything together to form a soft dough.3. Divide the dough into two equal sized balls and then in one of the ball divide once again into .So that now we have three balls one big and two small which is of equal size. To one of the small ball add in red food color mix once again until the color is evenly spread over the dough.
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing.
- The cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven and will become firm once it cools.
- Adding food color is not a healthy practice. Hence beetroot puree or spinach puree can be used to prepare the cookies in a healthy way.