Only a day left for Christmas, I am sure many would not have got enough time to bake a traditional fruit cake ,for them today I am sharing an instant microwave and eggless version of Christmas fruit cake ,It requires only 20 mins from the start to finish baking a cake.
I adapted the recipe from here , Last minute I dint have enough time to bake a cake ,so I ended up doing microwave cake, It did taste the same without any compromise in taste .Let’s get started now.
Microwave Christmas fruit cake recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category :Cake
Prep Time: 10 mins | Bake Time : 5 mins | Makes: 2 cakes |Author :Sharmila
All-purpose flour – 1 ¼ cups
Rum soaked Dry Fruits – ¾ cups
Honey – 4 tbsp
Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
Cane Sugar – ½ cup
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Oil – ¼ cup
Water – ½ cup - 1 tbsp
Rum - 1 tbsp
1. In a sauce pan till it becomes hot mildly switch off the flame to this add in the Rum soaked dry fruits and the 1 tbsp of Rum .Allow it to rest for another 10 mins. If you don’t prefer Rum, We can just add ½ cup of water fully.
2. To this add in honey, Oil and cane sugar mix well to form an even mixture. Sieve together flour and Baking soda, to this add in the cocoa powder.. Mix everything well, now add in the dry ingredients and wet ingredient together fold with a spatula for even mixing.
. Take a microwave safe bowl and grease it with oil or butter and then fill the bowl with half of the batter and then microwave it for 5 mins, insert a tooth pick and see if it comes out clean to check if it is cooked. Allow to cake to cool completely and the put in fridge for another 30 mins once it is out release the edges of the cake with a knife and then invert the same. It comes out clean. With the prepared batter two microwave cakes can be made.
- With the prepared batter I got two microwave cakes of the same size.
- Always fill the bowl half as the cake tends to raise.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before putting it in fridge.
- If you don’t prefer Rum you can use grape juice or orange juice to soak the dry fruits. I usually soak my dry fruits in Rum from May to prepare cakes during Christmas.
- Use ½ cup of water if not using Rum otherwise use ½ cup minus 1 tbsp of Water and 1 tbsp of Rum it really enhances the cake flavour.