It is my long term wish to try an eggless whole wheat cake and I did it finally it. I made this cake for my parents and wanted it be healthy hence this is the outcome .My parents loved it. Now let’s get started.I adapted the recipe from here . I liked the simplicity of the ingredients and i had some Condensed milk which needs to be used soon ,so i never gave a second thought!
Click here for more Cakes/Bakes
Whole wheat Nuts cake recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category :Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 30 mins | Makes: 1 loaf |Author :Sharmila
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1/3 cup heaped
Condensed Milk – ½ cup
Water – ½ cup
Cane sugar – 4 tbsp
Mixed nuts – ½ cup
Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Salt a pinch
1. In a sauce pan cube the chilled butter to this add in Water and cane sugar.
2. Start heating the sauce pan the butter will start melt and comes to a boil switch off the flame and set aside. Sift together the wheat flour, Baking powder and salt thrice. Reserve 3 tbsp of flour and set aside.
3. To the sifted flour now add in the condensed milk and vanilla essence.
4. Now take the reserved 3 tbsp of flour and add in the chopped mixed nuts and toss well. Add this to the rest of the flour.
5. Now add the melted butter to the dry ingredients. With a spatula fold the batter till everything comes together.
6. Grease and dust a loaf pan and then line it with parchment paper. Add in the prepared batter and tap the loaf pan so that the air bubbles are removed and the batter is spread evenly.
7. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg for 15 mins and then bake at 180 deg c for 30 mins or till a skewer when inserted comes out clean. Remove from the loaf tin and allow it to cool completely before you cut into pieces.Notes:
- The baking time may vary from oven to oven.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before you cut into pieces else it may crumble.