I love Cakes with banana they are not too sweet but will have a lovely tint of flavour hence we cannot stop with just one piece. I have already posted Banana Bread but this cake is different and chocolatey. I have used wheat flour for this cake hence it is healthy we don’t require any excuses to consume this cake. Now let’s get started.
Click here for more Cakes/Bakes
Whole wheat choco Banana cake recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International| Recipe Category :Cake
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 60 mins | Makes: 1 loaf |Author :Sharmila
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup + 3 tbsp
Sugar – 1 cup + ¾ cup
Banana – 2 medium sized
Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup
Chocolate /chips – ½ cup
Eggs – 3 nos
Milk – ¼ cup
Oil – ½ cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
1. In a bowl mash the banana well, in the same bowl break open 1 egg fully and then yellow York of the next two eggs. Reserve the egg white of the 2 eggs we will be using it lately. Beat the egg white of two eggs till stiff peaks.
2. Beat everything together so that it forms a homogeneous mixture. To the same bowl add in Milk, Oil, and Vanilla Essence and mix well.
3. Sieve the Wheat Flour along with Baking powder, Baking Soda and salt together thrice, this is to ensure there is no lumps and the mixture is blended evenly. Along with this add in the Sugar, Cocoa Powder and Choco chips (I ran out of dark chocolate chips hence I used white).
4. Add half of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently it might look clumsy but it is ok .Now add in the egg white which is beaten to stiff peaks and fold gently.
5. Add the reaming wet ingredient to the dry ingredients and fold everything gently till the mixture is evenly mixed. Prepare a baking tin and set it ready .Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins.
6. Then bake at 180 Deg C for about 60 mins or when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing it into pieces.
- The cake is not too sweet, it is perfect for evening snacks.
- The Baking time may vary from oven to oven so keep a check after 40 mins.
- Use oven ripe banana for best results.
- Never cut the cake when it is hot it may crumble, So allow it to cool completely before cutting into pieces.
- I usually bake the cake at night and cut into pieces in the morning.