Kalakand is an instant sweet that can be prepared for any festivals. It just take 30 mins for the entire process .It is rich and tastes similar like any other Milk sweets .Now let’s get started.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 10 mins |Cook Time :5 mins| Serves: 3 |Author :Sharmila
Paneer| Cottage Cheese – 250 gms
Condensed Milk – 200 ml
Milk Powder – 1 tbsp
Elachi powder a pinch
Nuts for garnishing
1. Wash the paneer really well and chop them into cubes. Take the chopped paneer in a blender and blend it.Or you can even dissect with hands.
2. Heat a pan and then add in the paneer and then add in the Condensed Milk and Milk powder.
3. In a low flame mix everything well and keep cooking till everything comes together and leaves the sides of the pan. It may take around 5-7 mins.
4. Line a tin with parchment paper and then pour the contents to the pan. Press the mix well and spread it evenly.
5. After 2 mins draw lines to form pieces and decorate with nuts. Once the mix is completely cooled remove from the tin and slice and serve
- If you think the sweetness is less you can add another 2 tbsp of condensed milk.
- Addition of milk powder is completely optional .But it is used for binding and enriching the richness.
- If you think your kalakand is not getting thick put the tin into freezer for 20-30 mins and then slice.
- Stays good for a week if stored in fridge.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM