Among all the veggies Lady’s Finger is the only veggie hubby is fond of, So I try to use it at least twice weekly in the form of Stir Fry , Kurkurae bhindi or kuzhambu ,So today I am share my favorite Lady’s Finger Puli Kuzhambu.
Vendakai puli kuzhambu recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Kuzhambu
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time : 20 mins | Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
Lady’s Finger -10
Shallots – 15
Tomato – 1
Tamarind – Lemon sized
Freshly grated coconut – 2 tbsp
Sambar powder – 2 tsp
Water as needed
Salt as needed
To Temper :
Oil – 1 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 3
Curry Leaves a spring
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Wash the lady’s finger really well and wipe it off with a kitchen towel such that no moisture retains. Chop the lady’s finger into equal sized 1 inch pieces .Heat a pan with oil and start frying the chopped bhindi such that it shrinks and size and cooked fully. Set it aside .In another pan heat oil.
2. Once the oil heats up add in mustard seeds let it splutter then add in Dry Red Chilli and Curry leaves, next add in the chopped shallots.3. Fry till it shrinks next add in the chopped tomato and cook it releases oil.
- Use gingelly oil for best results.
- Sambar powder can also be replaced with Red Chilli powder.
- Lady’s Finger can be replaced with any vegetable to make this puli kuzhambu.
- Tastes best with Steamed Rice and any Fryms or Potato Fry.