A very Happy New Year to all our Readers and Friends, Welcome 2017 .Starting our New Year on a healthy note with this Masala Paratha. Last year has been a wonderful year, we wish everyone a better healthy and blessed 2017.
Masala Paratha will turn out to be an awesome, healthy and filling main course. It tastes better with simple yogurt or Raita. I usually pack it for travel or lunch boxes, it stays our soft even after hours .Now let’s get started.
Masala paratha recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Main Course/Breakfast
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time : 2-3 mins/paratha | Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
Wheat flour/Atta – 1 ½ cup
Coriander Leaves – ¼ cup
Red Chilli powder - 1tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Coriander powder - 1tsp
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Red Chilli flakes – 1tsp
Salt as needed
Oil – 1 tbsp
Water as needed
1. In a mixing bowl add in the Whole Wheat flour to this add in all the spice powders one by one mentioned in the ingredients list and then finally add in finely chopped coriander leaves.
2. Mix everything with the hand next add in water little by little and knead it to form a soft dough finally add in oil and knead the dough once again ,Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for about 30 mins.3. Now pinch a small portion of the dough, dust with flour and then start rolling to form the paratha. Continue the same for rest of the dough. Make sure the paratha is not too thin.
- Masala Paratha should be served hot for best results, or wrap it in an aluminium foil till it is to be served.
- Tastes best with simple raita or Yogurt.
- My version was less spicy increase or decrease the spiciness according to your taste.