Making ice cream in home was my long term wish, so once I tried custard powder ice cream, but then after that winter season has started so I couldn’t try enough recipes. But then somehow I made up my mind and tried this basic vanilla ice cream. This is actually a basic recipe we can just customize the recipe to get any flavors as per our wish.
Vanilla ice cream recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Ice Cream
Prep Time: 10 mins | Freeze Time : overnight or 8 hours | Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
Full Fat Fresh Cream – 1 cup
Condensed Milk – ¼ cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
1. In a mixing bowl take the fresh cream. Whip it in high speed with a electric hand blender or stand mixer for about 3 mins. The cream would have doubled in size and become thick.
2. Now add in the condensed milk and whip once gain such that both cream and condensed milk are blended evenly. This is the ice cream base we can customize the ice cream with as many flavours as we need.
3. Next add in the Vanilla Essence and whip for another 30 secs. In a freezer safe bowl pour the ice-cream base.
4. Freeze it for minimum 8 hours or overnight for it to get set. After freezing scoop the ice cream and serve immediately.
- This is a basic ice cream recipe, we can modify the same recipe for different flavours.
- The ice cream base can be made in advance and used when ever needed.
- Tastes best as a dessert after meal.
- We can top the ice cream with chocolate syrup, nuts or any sprinkles.