Aloo pairs great as a side dish with most of the Indian Food. It can be had in various forms as curry, Fry, Roast or appetizer. Today I am sharing a simple Aloo curry that can be paired with any Indian Flat Bread or Steamed Rice, Now let’s get started.
Potato | Aloo curry recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category :Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time : 20 mins | Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
Potato | Aloo – 3 nos
Onion – 1
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Salt as needed
Coriander leaves to garnish
Water – 2 tbsp
To Temper :
Oil – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves a spring
Mustard Seeds - 1tsp
Hing – a generous pinch
1. Chop each potato into 4 pieces and then pressure cook them for 2 whistles. Wait till the pressure get released all by itself. Then open the cooker when it is of bearable heat peel off the skin of the potato and then chop them further into small pieces.
2. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard seeds and Hing and then Curry Leaves let it splutter next add in onions, cook till they become soft, next add in Chilli powder, Turmeric powder and Salt.
3. Mix everything really well and then add in water let it come to a boil.
4. Now add in the cooked aloo / potato mix well, in a low flame cook for 10 mins.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Tastes best with any Indian Flat Bread.
- Can be served as a stuffing inside chapatti and had as a roll.