Prawn masala is a very good starter that can be had as such with Plain Rice .I have cooked using Coconut Oil which tastes really awesome. Now lets get started
Prawn Masala recipe
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category : Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :10 | Serves: 3 |Author :Sharmila
Prawns – 250 gm / ¼ kg
Onion – 1 big
Tomato – 1 big
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Salt as needed
Crushed Ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
To Temper :
Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves a spring
1. Clean and devein the prawns and set aside. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in Mustard Seeds, cumin Seeds and Curry Leaves let it splutter ,then add in finely chopped onions and fry till glossy next add in the crushed ginger and garlic.
2. Fry for another 2 mins in a low flame or till the raw smell leaves now add in the chopped tomatoes cook till they leaves oil aside and then add in the Chilli powder, Pepper powder, Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala ,Turmeric powder and salt.
3. Mix well and then add in the prawns, give a good stir so that the masala evenly coats on the prawns.
4. Close the lid of the prawns and cook in a medium flame for another 5 mins and then open the lid and cook for another 7-10 mins. Tasty prawn masala will be ready.
- Tastes good with steamed rice .
- Cooking with coconut oil is a must to get the flavour so don’t skip that.
- The masala can be just mixed with rice and had without any kuzhambu.