Semiya Biryani is an awesome and easy one pot dish. My hubby don’t like Semiya ,so I always try to look for some ways of cooking the vermicelli in such a way that he don’t complain, My Vermicelli Biryani is one successful recipe which he had without any complains so Happy me J It is equally healthy as a lot of veggies are included. Now let’s get started
Semiya biryani recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Breakfast/Main dish
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time :10 | Serves: 2 |Author :Sharmila
Semiya \ Vermicelli – 1 cup
Water – 2 cup
Salt as needed
Onion – 1
Carrot – ½
Green Peas – ¼ cup
Capsicum – ½
Green Chilli – 2
Tomato – 1
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Crushed Ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Bay Leaves – 1
1. In a pan add in oil once it heats up add in fennel seed and bay leaves let it fry for 30 secs and then add in the chopped onions fry well till it becomes glossy and then add in green chilli and then add in the crushed ginger garlic.
2. Let the raw smell of the ginger and garlic leaves and then add in the tomatoes and let it cook well. Now add in the capsicum, Green Peas and carrot mix everything together.. Now add in Garam Masala and salt mix well and then add in little water let the veggies cook.
- Semiya Biryani can be served as a one pot meal anytime of the day.
- Tastes best when served with Onion Raita.
- Used Roasted Vermicelli if not roast the vermicelli in ghee and then start cooking.
- Make sure not to overcook the vermicelli .