Parfait is a French dessert which is made usually in a tall glass with various layers made of cream, fruits and eggs and it was the Americans who made it more fancy by adding in granolas, nuts and gelatin based desserts (wiki) .This French dessert is so easy and quick to make with the easily available homemade ingredients and today I am sharing an easy version with Strawberry, biscuits and whipped cream.
My daughter loves this mini shot glasses and hence I have used them to prepare the parfaits .You can use any tall glasses and repeat the layers which I have used. Now let’s get started.Strawberries are in season now hence this is the best time to give this recipe a shot.
And this would be my 300th blog post. So happy to reach this mile stone in a short span of time J
Strawberry parfait recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Dessert
Prep Time: 10 mins | Serves: 3 |Author :Sharmila
Strawberry – 15
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Digestive biscuits- 5
Chocolate shavings or any sprinkles to top
Whipped Cream – ½ cup
1. Take the strawberries. Chop off the green part and wash them well and then chop the strawberry in to small pieces.
2. Now take the chopped strawberries in a bowl and add in the sugar and toss well. Allow it to rest for 15 mins. Meanwhile in another bowl take the biscuits and crush it to a fine powder.. Take the whipped cream(see notes for sugar version) in a bowl, using an electric beater beat it till it forms stiff peaks. Now time to set everything.
- My whipped cream has sugar in it so I dint use.
- You can also use any fresh cream, in that case add in icing sugar along with cream and then beat the cream.
- If you are using tall dessert glasses for parfait repeat the layers, my dessert glass was short so I had one set of layers.
- Top with any sprinkle of your choice and serve.
- This is an easy and handy potluck dish. Can be whipped up in minutes.