Making samosa in home is always a tiring job for me. But when it is made I never fail to empty the plate. So few days back when I got a request to do a recipe of Tandoori Paneer Samosa I took it up as a challenge and finally completed. After preparing the Tadoori Paneer Masala only I realized my Samosa patti was out of stock. So with all the efforts and motivation I made my own Samosa sheets. It was such a hit recipe in the blog, which I posted few days back.
After making my own samosa sheets I realised that hereafter I should make my own Samosa sheets as it is damn easy to make at home. I made this Samosa and served with Green Chutney, Tamarind Chutney (Will share the recipe soon) and Tomato Sauce. We relished each and every bit of the samosa. It was totally yumm.. Now let’s get started.
Tandoori paneer samosa recipe
Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category : Snack
Prep Time: 20 mins |Cook Time :40 mins mins| Serves: 4 |Author :Sharmila
Samosa sheets – 10
Oil for deep frying
Onions - 1
Capsicum - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Maida - 2 tbsp
To Marinate :
Paneer – 250 gm
Curd – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Amchur powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Chop the Paneer into cubes and wash it well, in a big bowl add in Curd, to this add in Red Chilli powder, Ginger Garlic paste, Coriander powder, Amchur powder, Pepper powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric powder and salt.
2. Mix everything till it is combined fully. Now add in the cubed paneer and marinate it for about 2 hours.
3. After marinating for 2 hours take a pan add in oil and shallow fry the marinated paneer until crisp. Alternatively it can also be grilled instead of frying. Drain in a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
4. Now take a pan add in oil once it heats up add in Cumin Seeds and then add in the chopped onions and fry till they become glossy and then add in the chopped capsicum.
5. Now add in 2 tbsp of the masala used for marinating the paneer, mix well and then add in Chilli powder and salt if reqd and the grilled Paneer, Mix well and then fry in a low flame for 5 mins and then switch off the stove. Now the filling for Tandoori Paneer Samosa is ready.
6. Take the Samosa and roll it as shown in the image it is similar to a cone and the stuff with the prepared Tandoori Paneer Samosa and then seal the edges.
7. Take 2 tbsp maida in a bowl add in water and form a paste use this paste to seal the samosa edges. Repeat the same process for all the sheets. In a Pan heat in oil for deep frying.
8. Once the oil becomes hot deep fry the samosa until golden brown in a medium flame and then strain using paper towel. Serve hot with Sauce.
- Store bough Samosa Patti can also be used.(Click here how to use store bought Samosa Patti).
- Instead of deep frying the samosa it can also be baked. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then grill it for 180 deg C 20 mins. Flip the side and cook after 10 mins.
- Serve Samosa with Green Chutney, Tamarind Chutney and Tomato Sauce.
- It can be served as an evening snack along with chai.